Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to control throtte on deere 4045TF275B has electric throttle

mattyt1984 ยท 2014-11-27 07:09

I have a 4045TF275B engine. Injection pump number SE501235. I am wondering if the throttle is controlled by 12 volt. if I apply 12 volt current to the wires and ground on the other is that full rev? 0 volts would be off. And 6 volts would be half? I bought this engine out of a street sweeeper and it did not come with a control. I was thinking of using a DC motor speed control to control RPM. Will that work? My main concern is that is is for some reason a different voltage.

Replies2
  1. #1partsandservice2014-11-27 09:46

    It is PWM ( pulse width modulation) . I know of no way to replicated this outside of an ECM. Applying 12 volts will open the proportional solonoid to full open but will damage the solonoid it left energized for very long. And I don't think you can buy the solonoid separate from the pump.

  2. #2Heavey Metal2014-11-28 08:25

    The damage to the solenoid would be minor compared to the damage to the motor it self. You are going to need a governor.