I NEED HELP TO FINE WHAT SERIAL BREAK THIS GUYS J.D. 1010 IS, SO I CAN ORDER PARTS, THERE IS A # BREAK IN THE SERIAL , AND I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Banghead:Banghead:usa:usa
Have a JD 350B, the plate supposed to be left side above the hour meter, about even with your left calf. Mine is missing also. By noticing ser breaks, wiring, dipstick and other items was able to get an idea about where the ser number should be. Not all the ser breaks were at the same number. Dont know if the 1010 is listed but found a lot of info at JD web site. Some parts I was able to get at the ag dealer, dont tell them it is for a dozer, about 40% cheaper then ind dealer. Might take some checking into but you can get er done. Good luck.
Replied on another thread: "On my 3020 the tag in on the back of the rear end near the PTO....usually covered in grease/dirt so you can't see it." Nothing on the rear of the differential housing?
Hey thanks guys, i'll check it out.........
Check out this site lots of great info http://www.jdcrawlers.com I have a JD1010 and there is a tag on the engine. If the tag is gone it is kinda hard to know the serial number. A lot of times the tag comes off during a rebuild and isn't put back on. The serial number isnt anywhere else on the crawler, you can look at the differences in the parts book and get fairly close to knowing what you have. The parts book is available on line at johndeere web site.
Thanks waterman, i'll check it out