I spent hours looking within my computers for a way to increase the volume with no success. It finally occurred to me to search the internet for an extension that would do it. It took about two minutes to get what I was looking for. There are a couple of different extensions available for free, and work with Chrome, Firefox and Brave. I chose 600% Sound Volume and it works quite well. I am posting an image of it in action. In the upper RH corner of the image there is a speaker icon. I just click on it and the control panel appears. Here is a link to it for Chrome--https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/600%25-sound-volume/kcgedkeajhbfkackhppmenimpfpnopje
Well, now this might be relevant if any of the members on here were middle aged and up and had spent their lives around engines and stuff, but...
I know personally, the last couple of years, I can hear just fine, but understanding what I hear is another matter entirely....
What say, Eh?
Hearing aids are a PITA to donn and doff where even as light as the newer ones are and as programmable as they are they too can increase the volume but understanding can remain difficult