I probably have the "stupidest" question yet. I was looking at a Dressta TD8H extra recently that had a PTO driven winch on the back. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to engage the PTO so that I could check the winch function. Does anyone here no what you do to get the PTO turning? Does it just spin all the time when the motor is running and thus something must be wrong any time it isn't turning?
I actually learned that the PTO is always spinning on these machines. There is no level or button to turn the pto on and off. The reason the winch wasn't working was a hydraulic brake on the winch wasn't releasing.
What model winch? Can you share photos?
It is a w3c winch from Allied. It turned out the supply line for the hydraulic winch brake was busted. Easy fix, but not fun to change out because winch had to come off to get to it. Working now.