Hi, I am a newbie in the field of heavy equipments. I have been browsing this forum for quite a while and learned a lot. The reason being that one of my friend from China wants to buy used heavy equipments from North America, and he does not know too much English. So he enlists my help. One major issue I have right now is how to estimate the transportation cost to China, from east coast/west coast, and on land transportation, for various kind of equipments. I know I could always talk to a freight forwarder, but are there general rules for rough estimates? Any ideas? What are your experience with Iron Planet Transportation Partners? Thanks in advance for your input.
For ocean freight shipping, the general rule of thumb is: get your shipping quote in writing. Prices can be double from one agent to another.
Mate he will never gen them into china unless he is willing to pay off officals what he shoudl look at doing is having them sent to hong kong first and things there is a lot more too it then just buying them and shipping them i hope he knows about this.