So I've been given the permission to post the video on this new show that will be coming oun on discovery channel next month in march. So myself and two other friends had a chance to participate in this show. I'm sure tom will chime in as well soon. Now I know what your thinking this may make us heavy equipment operators look dumb but it was a chance in a lifetime. Im sure that many others would also do given the opportunity. Now that being said WE CAN NOT Talk about the show itself until it airs so please dont ask any personal questions regarding the show. This is just a heads up on what to expect. Be sure to check out our facebook fanpages to keep up with all the new info we get about the show. Mines Letsdig18 Toms is Bobcat Ninja link to the show and video http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Discovery-Channel-1043395.aspx
Be sure to check it out guys, I think it will really be a good show. And it was a blast. Stay tuned to our facebook fan pages for updates. All we know is it will be airing in March, no exact date yet. Here are the links again, doesn't look like Chris's worked. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Discovery-Channel-1043395.aspx Chris's Facebook Fan page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdig18/165043213541611 My Facebook Fan page. http://www.facebook.com/BobcatNINJA
No offense in this statement towards you two as I've seen your youtube videos, but I hope it's better than that best in the buisness show or whatever it was called as it was a disgrace to real operators worldwide.By the way go Red team(have to pull for North Carolina native)
Don't worry this is nothing like that show, trust me. As long as they put the show together well it should be a great show. And don't worry were both on the red team!
Yeah, I saw you both on the red team for a split second on the preveiw.Who's the third man on the team? Couldn't make him out.
Thats Justin. He's a freind of mine that kinda has the same small family business like mine.
I freind of mine will be on that show also.
Thats pretty awesome, gratz on getting your face on t.v. Do you get any free advertising for your business?
It didn't premiere when will it
Your guess is as good as mine!! We haven't heard anything. We will be sure to update you when we know.
I'm sorry to say....but that just looks like a stupid show to me. I'd much rather watch something like gold rush....
mate this show looks liek in the trailer anyways like nothing to do with earth moving? looks more like topshot or some sort of show like that but anyways i see it still has not come out i wonder why?
when is this suppose to air?
Why o why can they not do these progs as they should. Personally ,i'd like to see something like ,"the day and life of a machineman/operator " fly on the wall style. These types of shows have nothing to do with being an everyday operator .... End of rant !!
honestly cant wait to see Gold Rush again there was a good show.
Well guys the show is finally going to air. Found out today it will be airing on The Discovery Channel, December 30th. They will be running all three pilot episodes back to back to back from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Dirtman2007 and I are on the episode at 7:00pm. Be sure to root for the red team!!! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ere-dec-30-on-discovery-channel-video/162731/
Great ill be looking forward to it. But this is what I got when I scanned forward to record it
Strange, I just checked mine and it shows up. The air dates were literally announced today, maybe check it again in a day or two, let it update.
Hey everyone just an update on the time the shows are going to air. Discovery has changed the times to 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm. Chris and I will be on the 5pm show. Change your DVR's and calendars! And be sure to tune in at the new times.
powerjoke-The email I had from Cat said that the times may be different for Directv subscribers.
It starts at 3PM Central, got it on the timer. Glad they changed it, the Cowboys and Redskins play at 7:20PM.
Got my DVR set. I'll be watching my Seahawks destroy the Rams to go 8-0 at home.:guns
OK,, how do I sign up to tryout for this program?
I noticed there are no penalties for saftey violations.( leaving the excavator bucket in the air before leaving the cap) That should be added to the game. You guys did a pretty good run or two.
How did you "sign up" for this show? Who do I contact to get in on the action? BTW,, You did a great job.
Just watched a bit of this show, all I can say is WOW. If these are experienced operators.....I think my step daughter could do better and she's only had about half an hour on a D6H and some catting around with a PC300. Where's that entry form. Don't think I'll waste any DVR time on this. Tom
:drinkupEntertaining ,yes. No offense to those who participated but ,I don't think it represented any thing that required skill ,at least not on the job. It did look like a lot of fun though ! I think it s pretty cool they put you on tv too. Congrats. :drinkup:beerchug
Wow Tom, no cuttum any slack I see. And I haven't been able to watch any yet, but gosh.....
Looked like the Gold Rush crew at the county fair.
You'll like this show if you watch Gold Rush and Axemen without screaming/throwing thing at the television. I personally won't give this show a second chance. Tom
Nice job guys.:drinkup I'll bet the crew that you beat had an interesting day when they returned to work.
Good job ! Nice to see y'all win:scool:drinkup. Looked like you had a lot of fun and you'll remember this forever. Very happy for you :thumbsup
Thanks for the replies guys! Especially the nice ones The show was a blast to be a part of and I made some really good friends for life. I was very happy on how the show turned out. I will say these challenges took a lot more skill than they made it look like. And lets face it if all we did was real world stuff with the equipment the general public wouldn't watch it. And some people think they could have done it better, thats fine, but when the camera starts to roll and your nerves come up and you only have one chance at the challenge, its a lot harder than you think. I have a hole new perspective on competition shows. Tom, check myself and dirtman on YouTube and let me know if were experienced.