I don't get how they arrange stuff on that site. I'd like to look at the parts schematic so I know how many bolts to pull to drop the counterweight that doubles as a front axle pivot pin mount. Where is the safe lift points if you can't use the counterweight. (Which is what I'm using now as the front axle has been pulled. Thank you. Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ
Is this it ? https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr56444ar937912bi4200273-1
Yes. Bingo! I cant figure out how they organized this Case parts manual yet.... Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ
It is confusing because it depends on which machine it is on. On some it is in the chassis parts. On others such as the 580B the front counterweight is normally considered part of the front end loader assembly.
Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. I was able to pull down the counterweight. Still can't pull that axle pivot pin with both circlips off it. It is stuck in another bushing i believe. Even with Big F Hammer it is not coming out. Im' almost thinking of using a plasma cutter or a drill to bore out center of pin and then hacksaw the pin in 1/2. I just don't know how hard the inside of that pin is.....
I have found that some pins are hard all the way through and some are relatively soft. You won't know until you attempt to drill it. Do you have access to a decent size air chisel you can put on it ? Drill a dimple in the pin to hold a pointed chisel centered. Is it possible to hit it, alternating from one end of the pin then the other ? Sometimes that will get it moving.
I have a rivet hammer and 175psi from the air compressor. The pin has a dimple on the one end. I hit it full blast from both sides for a few minutes each try. My next thought is to weld on a 1/2" socket and try to get it rotating with a impact or a breaker bar. Otherwise I'll have to drill it or plasma cut it then sawzall in 1/2. My luck is it will be to hard to drill.....
I agree with Tinkerer, it all depends on which machine you are working on. The page needed can be anything from the loader assembly to the chassis. Case has some confusing parts books! I don't know if you are still looking for a particular part, but we could be helpful if you need some more information. Give us a call and we'd love to help! (800) 552-5080