Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to Free Spool a CAT Roller ( Caterpillar CB224D ): How to Winch Inoperable Roller onto Trailer?

Alex1els ยท 2024-05-29 04:38

Hello community, I just purchased an inoperable roller from an auction. It's an older Cat CB 224 d. Looking for a new challenge, I guess I'm anticipating that I'll need to winch the roller only my tilt trailer at the auction side. Is there an easy way to release any brakes and any hydrostat locks, so that the roller can actually roll freely? That way I'd be able to winch it onto the trailer easier, rather than having to drag it onto the trailer. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2024-05-29 08:09

    Post #19 here Help with roller cb214d So i have an interesting experience, while operating the 214d serial num 1tz00625. On a slight slope the front drum rubs on the foward hose and cuts it then the roller loses all control , thank god it was on a small incline i was able to stop it but if i was on a bigger incline i shudder to... HeavyEquipmentForums And beyond...post #25 describes and pictures it.

  2. #2Alex1els2024-05-29 08:39

    This is lovely. Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much, @heymccall !