Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to get IH truck parts for an older truck

RenoHuskerDu · 2021-11-08 11:49

I spent some time looking into this issue. If you look for an International dealer on the web, at first you'll just find Case IH dealers and they won't have any truck parts, just tractors. I did finally find an International Truck dealer in Canada and the vintage parts guy named Errol there was helpful in getting me part numbers. But his prices where really high and he suggested I price them in the US. Southland International Trucks in Canada 403-328-0808 got me the part numbers I needed. Then I scoured the web and found a US International Truck dealer and gave him the part number. The door handle I wanted (see below) was a ridiculous price, so I won't bother listing that or the dealer I found. I had located this outfit Fleet Truck Parts last night. They can't look up parts numbers or listings for you, and their web site isn't much use for older IH trucks, but once you have the number they claim to beat the dealer price. I just ordered that door handle for 20% of what the official dealer wanted. You read that right, I saved 80% Fleet Truck Parts 800-541-5905 Here is the door handle and part handle if anyone needs it. This fits my 1984 S2500 IH cab, is the 3rd revision of the handle, replaces the first two types, and supposedly lasts longer. Part number 3550925C91

Replies4
  1. #1RenoHuskerDu2021-11-08 12:03

    After all that, another forum member @Coaldust says NAPA has these handles too! NAPA NDH 7359000. $28.09 But it won’t have the IH logo and match the other side.

  2. #256wrench2021-11-08 20:47

    well, you can't see both sides at the same time

  3. #3petepilot2021-11-08 21:39

    highway motors harrisonburg va. ih truck dealers

  4. #4JLarson2021-11-08 23:17

    There's always truck salvage places.