Hey Folks, Im an 18 year old who is interested in getting into the industry of Heavy Equipment Operation. Im aware that there is a ladder that must be climbed, but I'd like to know how exactly am I going to get my (caterpillar) boot into the door? I live in Southern California, am 18 years of age with a Class C CDL and High School grad. Ive tried going to companies such as So Cal Pipeline or Irvine, but thats pipe dream. Any info would be great! Regards
your CDL will open many doors for you. keep it clean!!! huge prob with many contractors today is finding employees with clean enough driving records just to get to work, let alone have a CDL...that in itself should open many doors for you. good luck!
up yourself to class a and air brakes, more doors will open...
The Class C CDL he is referring to, is a regular California drivers license, witch means he can operate a reg, car/truck...up to 27500lbs... it does not mean commercial drivers license...
Yes that is true, its a standard CA Drivers License. Thanks for the reply, come Monday I'll get started with it all.
I AM LOOKING FOR A LOCAL JOB AND I HAVE FINISHED FUTURE TRUCKERS OF AMERICA DRIVING SCHOOL WITH A GOOD GRADE. ICANT FIND A JOB NOWHERE WITHOUT OVER THE ROAD EXPERIENCE. I HAVE 30YEARS OF CLEAN DRIVING RECORD. I HAVE MY HAZMAT AND DOUBLES. NO CRIMINAL CHARGES EVER ALSO NO ACCIDENTS IN OVER 25 YEARS.IF ANY GOOD COMPANY NEEDS A DEPENDABLE DRIVER LOCAL PLEASE CONTACT ME. cdl practice test