Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to get PA highway mowing contracts

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-01-22 21:36

Anyone on here do comercial interstate highway mowing in either NY, PA, or MD? I'm looking to get into it and looking for advise from someone that into it already. Possibly looking to be a sub under someone else. Appreciate any advise you all might have.

Replies5
  1. #1ragerider2008-01-24 16:05

    I'm not sure about that but I need someone to mow my yard if your interested!

  2. #2stumpjumper832008-01-28 06:42

    18' flail mower pulled by 10 tons and 130 horses of massey fergson, thats the smallest lawn mower I have. Well not really, there is a 10' rotary that goes behind a 90hp International. Be glad to though if the lawn is big enough.

  3. #3nitrox25952008-01-29 10:24

    I think that these contracts would be listed by the state's DOT. I know that the Palisades Interstate Parkway has had a contract to mow and pickup litter for about 10 years. The company is actually call Dandrow's Painting!. I would contact the PA and NY DOT and see if they have anything coming up for bid.

  4. #4Township12008-01-29 10:49

    You need to contact Pa DGS Here is where you will find the information. Here is a example of a PA mowing RFB

  5. #5stumpjumper832008-02-05 18:29

    thanks township, lots of good info there