hello. I have an old john deere crawler loader sitting behind my shop. My father and I traded a project for the loader. Basically, someone couldn't pay us so we took the loader in as a payment. The serial number is: SNE7350001040U It looks like a 350. But I am not sure if it's the strange model number before the 350. But, it does have the number "350" in the serial number. Can someone please tell me what I have? Will it interchange parts with a 350 john deere loader? What engine does it have? It has a diesel. Not sure of the model or specs and what it interchanges with. Is the cross bar the same as the 350 dozer? What about undercarrige, transmission, and rear end? I am more of a Cat fan than a Deere fan as far as specs knowledge. Thanks so much. I can also post pictures....
Lets see some pictures including the operators station and both engine sides. It will help in figuring out what it is.
I found this page which "might" help. https://www.deere.com/en/dozers/non-current-models/
Here are a few pics
Some more
read me the top line off the injection pump tag.. n I'll tell you right quick.. Does it run??
It “did” run. But hasn’t been cranked in about 7 years. It seems to be a Roosa Master pump? Top line from left to right on tag. DB6fc 331-13dh 2500 676456 331-13dh Next line: 676456 AT21576T
350 crawler w/ 152D engine..
Stanadyne Pump, surprised TPG did not note that!! Seven years, exhaust been covered or open? That intake filter end cap being missing is not helping either. Lots of odd looking areas, recoil spring cover missing, no floor pans could have had water intrusion any and every box.
Miller.. are u high.??!! lol.. I did know that.. that's how I found out what it was & what engine is supposed to be in it.. took me less than 5 minutes once I saw the thread..
Ufda. Looks like a lot of money and time to get this one back shipshape. just got home from a auction an hour ago where a clean, nice operating 450C with a 6 way blade and rear circuit with separate control sold for $7,100. Tracks were measured at 50% but plenty left for a home use machine. They are getting cheaper in price fast around hear.
That sounds like the kind of deal I need .... like I need more iron
I hear you. I had to keep my hands in my pocket. I have plenty others to do the work around the homestead if I can figure what to do.
I got a nice old 450 here that I acquired by way of trading work for it. Been sitting here now since last September. Beautiful, low hour, low use machine that was only used to set underground cable all it's life. Never used to do earthwork (yet.) I've been so stinking busy that all I did was unload it and drive it up onto the blocks so I can drop the bellypan and get to working on a severe leak. It took a full 5 gals of oil to go from the trailer to here...about 100 feet, LOL. So she's definitely got a pressurized leak. Some old crackerjack JD mechanic told me it's the main pressure line off the pump that has a rubber connection with clamps that always blew out, and the best thing I could do is to throw that hard pipe away and make up a one piece high pressure hydraulic hose and be done with it for good. That bellypan is coming off either today or tomorrow and we're gonna start into it finally. While on the subject, can any one of you JD lovers provide me with all I need to know for fluid types needed, capacities, specs, etc. so I can service this beautiful old girl up and start using her? She only steers one way too, so I gotta pull the cover and see if I can free up that one band hopefully. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
That's awesome...I just took a look at this myself, that helps! Thanks. (Didn't mean to butt in...)
That old Louisville have a 8V in it?
It does...318.
Thought the stack configuration seemed recognizable!!
Those little pea shooters give it away, lol
Oh so easily!! What of the Freight Shaker, dual stacks but off a Wye? Old Cummins or Driptroit? Also look like small Caliber tubes.
That's a 3406A DI in the Freightliner. Normal 5" exhaust.
So, to get up to speed on my JD 450 skid shovel, I "finally" got to fixing the bad hydraulic leak that would blow 5 gallons of oil out in 75 feet of traveling. It was a bear, but I found a blown piece of rubber line where it transitions from hard piping from the pump, at the transmission where it goes to a fitting was blown. Pulled the nose off, pulled both steel lines out, replaced the rubber pieces and she's now leak-free everywhere. While in there I replaced the positive battery cable too, cuz it was looking tender. This machine is so nice for it's age, I hate to get rid of it. It's virtually new, never had a hard life. The only issue I have now is, the right side steering clutch is gone. Steers fine to the left, but right isn't doing anything. From what I gather, doing a steering clutch in a 450 is worse than a root canal...have to pull track frame, rock guards, on and on. 350's I've seen guys cut the track frame off and weld it back on later, but not the case with the 450 unfortunately. Anybody have any "positive", good news about doing this job, or am I just going to have to prepare myself for the inevitable?
Or...it could be for sale as is, LOL.....
Clutch comes out tough Just have to bite that bullet put head down and go for it
Are your steering brakes on the steering clutches handles. The John Deere crawlers can have all kinds of steering clutch/brakes issues if they are not adjusted in sequence exactly by the book. Folks try adjusting the linkages and mess them up all the time. I bought a 455D with clutch issues for a very fair price a number of years ago. A half a day with the repair manual and adjusted the brakes, steering clutches and power shift/main clutch to what they should have been and it worked fine for the number of years I had it until I traded for other toys. I would try that first.
Geez that unit is "sparklely"! LOL! I will meet you at the Red Arrow in Milford and show you where to deliver it!
That can happen easily enough...if you want it to, LOL. But first, I think I'm going to try adjusting it. I have the manuals here to go by, and a lifeline in NH that does these with their eyes closed if I need more info than the book provides.
That is most like the best services traded deal I have seen recently. Finding those machines in that condition is exceedingly difficult now. Good luck with the clutch! I would keep and screw the mailbox to it if nothing else!
I just solved the decision-making process on this 450, as to whether or not to invest into the steering clutch job. Ended up selling it to an enthusiast that needed it worse than I do, and all I have to do is deliver it to Pennsylvania to the guy that's gonna do the work on it. Hate to see it go because of it's uniquely excellent condition given it's age...but in reality I don't necessarily need it around here anyway. Going to a good home too... On to the next one.
Please let them know about HEF, if they don't, so they can post and let us know what they find in the clutch issue.