Well I was picking up a load of dirt and half way going up the loader stops lifting. So it turns out the four bolts sheared off between the front hydraulic pump and the engine. Does anyone know how to chain or strap the front bucket off the ground to drive it? The backhoe is a 1999 Case 580 sl series 2. Thank you in advance
use another machine?
drive backwards if that is a option Lift the bucket with another machine or jack, chain hoist from tree ect while working the levers to let the fluid though if you need it to stay up cut a piece of heavy angle iron to go over the lift cyl rod so the cylinder cant sink down Or just tear down and fix in place
Ok so if I go with the "heavy angle iron to go over the lift cyl rod" option would if be safe to go 20 mile on the road?
Could be if you put the proper care into it I think I would throw a rag over the rod to avoid any scratches strap or duct tape the angle iron to the rod so it can bounce out on a bump and then maybe run a come along or ratchet strap to keep down pressure on the loader and keep the angle iron locks in tight if it gets bouncing
ebony close So i should put one on both cylinders?
What if i supported the loader on the back of a trailer as i drove the backhoe?
I would go with both cylinders and would have to tie the bucket up or be high enough with the loader if it uncurled
we need video of this:beerchug opcorn:drinkup:thumbsup
I'd vote for fix it in the field.... the rest of that sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen. Good luck John
Might get lucky enough to get a partial field fix to work, might need to drain some fluid but the pump should come right out. might as well change your fan belt while you're in that deep