Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to move an ex the dangerous way

Hendrik ยท 2011-03-28 19:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqZBvAhNt4&feature=related

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies28
  1. #1Blacksmoke072011-03-28 19:39

    that looks like one of the two big ol' hoe's that one guy on here bought for like 30,000 for both of um

  2. #2mitch5042011-03-29 00:22

    Blacksmoke, That PC650 was older, had a smashed toolbox, and most importantly, DouglasCo's machines were shovels, not hoes. I'm suprised those little pieces of plywood protected the pavement. Hendrick, I didn't really see anything dangerous except the traffic going by, what did I miss?

  3. #3Jdigger41302011-03-29 00:27

    I am no operator but that seemed like a smooth move to me other than not enough mats on the road. The 9 axle was in good shape and I thought it looked real efficient considering traffic flowed freely. Maybe more guys watchnig traffic????

  4. #4stock2011-03-29 03:45

    the amount of track on the trailer maybe..........

  5. #5grandpa2011-03-29 06:22

    ummm... saftey vests, no gaurding on powerline, ahh no traffic control..... no flashing lights on machine or truck.....

  6. #6fast_st2011-03-29 10:13

    Aside from the lack of traffic protection, looked okay, and the guy with the shorts has the hustle.

  7. #7heavylift2011-03-29 14:10

    yea a wider trailer maybe... unless he lost all his outriggers and lumber to thieves Heck maybe the plywood was for his outriggers... maybe he pawned his outriggers to buy fuel

  8. #8Hendrik2011-03-29 19:02

    Yes all that plus no cones around the equipment and no safety footwear, there may be other things as well.

  9. #9maddog2011-03-29 21:39

    I didn't see anything wrong with what they did. Worked a heck of a lot faster and more efficient then most gument{town, county or state} employs in this area. and the guy with the shorts has the hustle He was really runnin is butt off.

  10. #10Hendrik2011-03-30 03:58

    Yeah trying to get the job done quickly before the safety police came and put a stop to the madness. And remember that there is a difference between working in the back woods and working on a public road, what are you gonna say when hustle man is roadkill? I hate working on public roads, you can put out all the cones and signs you want, there is still some idiot that is gonna speed through the work site. Ohh yeah have a look at part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrH7bV8PSmw&feature=related and see hustle man stand between the truck and trailer. Wonder why insurance is so expensive?

  11. #11Dozerboy2011-03-30 21:08

    If I spent that much time on safety I wouldn't never get anything moved. The driver couldn't of hit the guy between the truck and trailer if he wanted to.

  12. #12fast_st2011-03-31 14:38

    The facts come out, its actually an elaborate plywood theft.

  13. #13grandpa2011-03-31 20:25

    Well, thats about the way I feel too, but I've been fined for everyone of the items I listed.... what makes me mad is everyone says they can't get nothin done if you do it according to the law..... and I have to compete against the likes of that..... foul, foul foul.

  14. #14DrJim2011-03-31 21:38

    Dangerous? I'll show you dangerous. . . OK, guys, lighten up a little. These guys think this is funny. "Hehehehehe". I believe I would have been running a little faster. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgxQg9FJc4&NR=1[/url]

  15. #15fast_st2011-04-04 07:56

    Indeed, looks like shifting the dozer back took all the weight off the drivers and that the trailer didn't have any brakes or blocks. Oops, well, its off the trailer.

  16. #16rare ss2011-04-04 08:02

    crazy europians

  17. #17tuney4432011-04-04 09:18

    And I thought this thread was about moving ex wives--silly me.What was I thinking?

  18. #18Bob Horrell2011-04-04 21:23

    We had to move an excavator that way for about a half a mile. There were 4 guys on the ground, one at each end of the tracks. The guy in the rear picked up the plywood and put it on the track, and the guy in the front took it off and placed it in front (no carrying from rear to front - the track did the work). It worked so smooth that the operator only stopped the excavator a couple times so the guys could swap places front to rear. Much harder job lifting plywood up and on the track in the rear than taking it off in the front.

  19. #19245dlc2011-04-05 12:01

    I was expecting to see the machine slip off the trailer. Really the only thing dangerous is they didn't have vests on and the guy in shorts didn't have steel toes on. I'm surprised though that they had to take the stick off altogether usually the counterweight and bucket gets the weight down enough, but then again I'm not familiar with the weight laws in the 'States.

  20. #20hammerman2011-04-05 14:45

    hehehehe, noooop, american my friend....

  21. #21oregon96pd2011-04-17 01:32

    looks like a good job done professinally and quickly to me

  22. #22rare ss2011-04-17 07:04

    sorry, i was refering to this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgxQg9FJc4&NR=1

  23. #23hammerman2011-04-17 17:22

    yes, they are from south america too.

  24. #24fast_st2011-04-19 12:58

    Excavator gets tangled up in a few cars this morning. Was chained down well... http://www.thebostonchannel.com/slideshow/news/27596137/detail.html

  25. #25hammerman2011-04-19 13:11

    Horrific!!!

  26. #26fast_st2011-04-19 13:20

    I'm really curious to find out what happened, it really shredded those cars, albeit one had its roof removed for rescue.

  27. #27Exact Express2011-04-20 20:27

    Looks like a bad scene, hope the driver of the car wasn't hurt to badly. On a lesser note, he did a good job of chaining it down.

  28. #28Dozerboy2011-04-22 20:01

    Thats for sure