Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to prime turbo oil lines case 1150k series3 dozer.

DJCUD · 2024-11-02 20:08

Have bought 1150k series 3 . Manual states important to prime turbo oil lines when changing oil. Unable to find any information on how to prime oil lines . Any information greatly appreciated

Replies7
  1. #1chidog2024-11-02 20:59

    I would think the first seconds of cranking and starting would accomplish that, just like it does when you haven't changed the oil. but I'm no expert on that model. And never in my life of doing oil changes on a diesel engine have I done that.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-11-02 21:20

    Case has always been paranoid about the turbos on those little Cummins engines. Everything with one since the mid 80s either has a manual kill, or a start override and a warning sticker on what to do to prime. Been running them for 35 years and not once have ever monkeyed around priming them after an oil change. ********* HOWEVER, I always fill my oil filters. On everything. No exceptions unless the orientation doesn't permit it.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-11-02 21:38

    It’s never a bad idea to remove the oil pressure feed line going to the turbo , on an engine that hasn’t been run in awhile and pour clean oil into the bearing housing. But, nobody really does that, except me.

  4. #4Shimmy12024-11-02 23:23

    What is "awhile"

  5. #5Coaldust2024-11-02 23:58

    I mean, the big players like Cat and Cummins lay it out so you can play it out. Each engine family and each division is different. 30 days is common, 60 days is common. Certain engines like the early 3412, Cat said every time you started it.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2024-11-03 08:25

    All they want u to do is keep the engine from starting while oil is pumped up to the turbo. This can mean pulling an engine stop cable or pulling a wire off the injection pump shut off solenoid.

  7. #7Gus Mueller2024-11-04 21:45

    I have a 2013 1150K and I need a good service manual are you happy with the manual you purchased?. Can you send me a link to the one you purchased. Thank you...Gus