Can someone explain to me how to remove injector pump on case 580 super m series 2. I have removed all nuts and line and bolts but I can't get injector spline out of housing. Is there a nut in there holding it onto sprocket.
It appears from the parts page that you have to remove a cover and take the gear loose from the shaft.
Ok thanks is the cover on the other side of the housing like under the cab floor ?
Is there a web page I can go to to look at what u are.
http://partstore.casece.com/us/ASCOEQ-Branch15/parts-search.html#epc::mr59457ar196761 http://partstore.casece.com/us/ASCOEQ-Branch15/parts-search.html#epc::mr59457ar244288 If I'm looking at the right machine....
Let me ask u a question while your on here. I was having fuel coming out the rubber breather hose that's under the diaphram does that mean that there is a seal gone bad in the injector
I'm not all that familiar, but it looks to me like a Cummins engine, new type Bosch VE pump?. I think it's just some o-rings in the piece below the diaphram, and you might be able to repair it without pulling the pump. Might be time to call your local injection pump shop and ask questions?
Ok Thanks.
Your leak IS an oring BUT you cant get to it without dismantling the entire top cover.. and removing the steel balls on the side and drilling 5/16" holes inplace of the balls and fitting 2 caps. Something you DO NOT want to mess with.. MOST of those pumps ARE NOT KEYED and have to be timed BEFORE you remove the pump.. The pump will be returned to you "locked" to #1 cyl.. so you better be sure about your timing BEFORE you remove it..
OH, to answer your question.. Yes, there is a gear on the other side.. radiator side.. access plug.. and your going to need a puller to "pop-off" the gear from the shaft..
I'll look and see if I have a pdf manual for that machine. Think I only have the book.