I have a 2006 Case 580 Super M turbo, series 2, and was wondering if someone could help me narrow down an issue I am having with my rear hydraulics? The green switch at the top of the pilot control column that enables the rear hydraulics seemed to be working so-so over the past couple weeks, sometimes when I pressed it, it would not engage, but would engage after I held it for a few seconds. Now, it will only stay on when I hold it. Anyone know if this is likely a switch issue, or if there is another relay somewhere that acts like this when it goes bad? Thanks in advance.
This is out of the manual for trouble shooting.
Number 137 is the switch and 138 is the relay
My buddy had the same problem, after replacing the relay and switch, I asked what he did. This is what he e-mailed back:" The toggle switch can be taken apart and the middle left terminal, as viewed looking at the switch face, can be rotated 180 deg. This will make both lower left terminals 'true' when the switch is in the on position.Normally the toggle has to be pushed in a third position as a momentary switch to turn on pilot power. This is connects the middle and lower left terminals. The 2 upper terminals on the back of the pilot switch are for the indicator light. Be careful when taking this switch apart, not to loose the 2 springs and the fuse used for the light connections."
Any updates on this?
I have the same problem with a CASE 580 SM 2. If I push & hold the switch the light comes on and the backhoe functions work. As soon as I let go, the light turns off and the hydraulic stops working. Is the switch the problem or the relay ?
I replaced the rocker switch with a new one and the problem still occurs.
The likely problem is a switch is not in the neutral position, usually the extendahoe but I have seen stabilizer switches cause the problem. Turn the key to the on/ignition position. Go under the machine ( bucket on the ground park brake engaged) and look above the axle at the pilot control module. Is it flashing a code? If an extendahoe button or stabilizer switch does not centre to neutral it will not allow pilot function. I've seen way more extendahoe buttons malfunction that stabilizers. See pilot test procedure attached.
Thank you for the info. Maybe I should have started a different thread but my problem started with the same above mentionned. First in cold weather I noticed pushing and releasing the switch in the third position would not engage the pilot controls. After warming up it would eventually engage and the light would come on for a while depending on what I am doing with the functions. Lately, (it is warmer now) while I am working with more load (digging or pulling up) I am loosing the pilot functions and the light goes off. If I push and hold the switch in the 3rd position the pilot functions reactivate and the light comes on but as soon as I let go, it deactivates. I purchased a new switch and installed it... same problem. If I wait say 5 minutes the momentary switch starts working again. I am thinking it could be the relay but not sure. Note that I can still use the stabilizers when this problem occurs. I will check the control module light under the machine. Should I check something else also ?
In your case likely the relay, if the module is bad you lose Stabilizer and Extendahoe function.
The problem was the 5 pins relay. It sits under the cabin where dirt and snow gets to. Problem solved.
We are working on this same problem and have been for awhile on a 2007 super m series 2 backhoe. We cant find any sort of pattern with it. Sometimes the pilot light will come on first try other times the pilot light will flash when you press the button but won’t stay green even when holding it. We have replaced the 5 pin relay by the axle, the pilot control toggle switch, the control module, and the stabilizer switches. None of which have been replaced at the same time but nothing seems to be helping. The last time I had the pilot switch green and working I shut it off and flipped it on to position 2 and had both stabilizer switches working but the extendahoe function doesn’t work until the pilot switch is pushed to position 3 and the light is on which is why I haven’t replaced the extendahoe buttons. The most recent thing we replaced was the stabilizer switches and prior to doing that we weren’t able to get any fault code from the control module. Now with the new stabilizer switches the control module is giving us Code 3 which is Interlock stabilizer, extendahoe, and aux hydraulic. I have checked voltage at stabilizer switches and have the proper voltage. I’m getting 12v to the pilot control toggle switch. Just not sure what to do next. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!