I need to replace the hydraulic seals on my swing arm on a JD410c. Not sure how to get the pin out to release it. Hoping someone can help me out. I have tried adding a picture to help with this question. If someone can tell me how to add the picture it might help with this question. thanks.
I am assuming you are talking the rod end of the swing cylinder? If you are it is a through pin with a snap ring (5) on both ends that retains the pin (8). The pin (7) should then come out with a punch and hammer.
Are you removing the cylinders or just taking the pin out of the swing frame to get the rod end loose? I did mine on a 610 leaving them in place and I thought it was a lot less work than taking the cylinder out. The 410 is a little different though, not sure if it's harder or easier there.
thanks for your reply. Is there a web site that I can go to that will show me how to remove the swing pin so I can take it off as a whole unit. I can see the pin inside the opening but not sure how to get it out. thanks for any help
Can you take a picture because it should be relatively simple. I guess the retaining pin could be broken inside the pin and may need tapped out. I always just pull the pin and swing the stick out of the way and then reseal it in place because its far quicker that way. Its only an hours work to reseal a swing cylinder if everything goes ok and nothing is seized. I don't know any place online that is public access for a manual. There is some pay for a download sites around if you Google your machine or paper copies are usually on ebay for old iron like that.
I have sent some pictures of what I'm trying to get a part. the pin is where I'm getting stuck....
Ok so we are talking the barrel pin. Take the rod end out first to make sure there is no load on it. I am looking at your pictures and I don't think that is a c series. Are you sure? Check the serial number and let us know what it is. If you are doing seals on the cylinder I wouldn't bother pulling that pin out, just do it in place.
This is a 401c made around 1972
Not to be a picker of nits, but your original post says "410C", the above post says "401C", both are legitimate JD machines but are likely a bit different structurally. Verify which one you have . If it is a 1972, your serial number should be below (less than) 166866T (which is a JD backhoe I have that was built in early 1974).
If it's 1972 or about, it's not a 410C, it would be 410 (no letter) or possibly a 410A but the photos are not of a 410 of any type. I don't know what a 401 backhoe looks like. A 401 seems to be an industrial tractor than can have a backhoe attachment.
I'm not positive but he JD scraper has a pin that looks the same to remove it you have to remove the outer ring, it is tapered to lock the pin in place or I have put a bolt into the threads on the pin and drove it down to get it out. Like I said i'm not sure it's the same. Good luck.
Owmamech sounds right. It looks like that outer split ring is tapered and wedges the pin into place. Is there a lip that you can you get a chisel under each side and pop it up? http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt well that didn't work, go to jdparts and lookup the 401c and the 9250A backhoe under there.
went out today and I got the bottom pin out will work on the top tomorrow. Thanks for all the help...
You might have to heat it up and bang it out if nothing is holding in place.