Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to remove wire from harness – Case TR320

deeznuts13 ยท 2025-09-07 09:46

My auxiliary hydraulic thumb control needs to be replaced. I find where it connects into a harness, but unsuccessful in disconnecting it from the harness despite using two hairpins to pry it off. I decided to stop before I damage something. Any advice here? Would prefer not to have a mechanic trip charge for something so simple. New thumb control

Replies4
  1. #1bad Tom2025-09-07 14:37

    Any auto parts store should have the tools you need to remove wires from connectors. Show them your pictures and they can help you.

  2. #2mekanik2025-09-07 15:47

    I'm going to guess that red insert comes out and then you should be able to see a claw that holds the connector in the plug. Reach in with a fine pick and move the claw back and pull the connector out. Make sure and watch which way the new connector goes back in.

  3. #3Nige2025-09-07 15:54

    With a couple of photos showing the exterior of the connector then someone might recognise the brand and tell you exactly how to remove wires from it.

  4. #4Blainesv2802026-04-20 03:58

    Did you ever get the pins out? Trying to do one currently and having same struggles! Also Even with red safety lock clip removed I can not separate the plug its self. Any info would be great