pilot control that controls bucket on my 216 is leaking. Serial number is 4nz00960. Talked with my local cat rep and they don't show any parts to repair just have to replace at about $1300. Anyone have any information on rebuild kit for this?
From memory repairable hydraulic pilot control valves (see illustration below) only came into being with the introduction of the B-Series machines. Allegedly this is NOT the pilot valve you have on your machine. however it might be interesting if you dug into your valves and see if they compare in any way to this illustraiton A bit more investigation revealed that repairable pilot control valves were introduced to the A-Series (non-suffix models) like yours, but only at higher Serial Numbers. For 4NZ-prefix machines that was from S/N 3400-Up. See the attachment SEPD0872. Some of that information may apply to your machine but I would not guarantee it. If the repair option does not work then maybe another possibility is to try to find a later model machine in a breaker's yard and get hold of a couple of the repairable type of pilot valves.
Sorry, forgot to upload the attachment.
thanks for the info. I will see if I can open mine up this weekend and see what they look like.
If I was to find a used one off a newer machine, do you which models would fit? Mine doesn't have float so finding one with float would be a win!
If you check out the list of models and Serial Number ranges on SEPD0872 that I attached above, then I think any pilot hydraulic valve from everything listed there would fit. Maybe to narrow the range down a bit use the table for the B-Series skid steer models at the bottom of Page 5, plus the list of Skid Steer models listed at the bottom of Page 1/top of Page 2 which of course includes your 4NZ S/N prefix but for higher Serial Numbers.
Have a read of the thread I created for a similar leak I had on my 2006 CAT 242B. Spoiler alert ... in my case the leak was fixed eventually with a $2 "O" ring ... and that was using an original "O" ring from CAT. As Nige suggests, your 216 may not fall into the repairable category, but the following link may help if you find a new pilot control that needs repairing. Good luck with your repair. HeavyEquipmentForums