Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how to slow down two functions of post driver

banditman ยท 2022-03-29 10:18

I have a shaver hd8 3 point post driver that I have been using and I need two slow down two of the three functions on the controls. I don't want to slow the pound just the tilt front and back and the tilt side to side so I cant just adjust my hydraulics on my tractor because that slows everything. So what are my options?

Replies10
  1. #1John C.2022-03-29 10:24

    Slow down your engine speed?

  2. #2hosspuller2022-03-29 10:46

    Flow restrictor in the lines to the tilt cylinders https://www.mcmaster.com/flow-restrictors/

  3. #356wrench2022-03-29 11:23

    I assume you operate the tractor at idle speed?

  4. #4banditman2022-03-30 09:34

    Wow never heard of those before or mcmaster either. Looked through there catalog would these work as well? https://www.mcmaster.com/browse-hyd...es/flow-adjustment-inline-hydraulic-valves-7/

  5. #5hosspuller2022-03-30 11:30

    Price is everything .. With the flow restrictors' A drill bit can increase the flow. Naturally, once drilled, the restrictor can't be adjusted back like a valve can. Be aware of the pressure ratings. And potential spikes from the post pounder.

  6. #6Jonas3022022-03-30 14:01

    Mcmaster Carr is awesome ! Surplus center will have adjustable ones https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Valves/Flow-Control-Valves/

  7. #7banditman2022-04-09 18:54

    Do i need two valves per circuit or just one?

  8. #81466IH2022-04-09 18:58

    What size hoses going to the cylinders on those functions? Could always reduce hose size.

  9. #9Jonas3022022-04-09 19:04

    Something like the needle valve gives flow control both ways https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...-GPM-Prince-WNV-800-Needle-Valve-9-7961-8.axd A drilled orifice does also of course So you would only need one on each cylinder

  10. #10banditman2022-04-19 10:20

    got all the parts ordered for this project ill let you know how it goes