Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to test hydraulic preassure

89.ho.ss ยท 2016-03-02 00:48

I have a komatsu PC75uu -2 I am wondering where I can check my pressure. I have replaced my hydro filter and refilled the tank. I have noticed that the arms move slow and if I go up a hill the tracks will slow down and stop. The motor does not bog . I am trying to find where would be the best to test the pressure. Also what should. I have for pressure? Thank you in advance

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2016-03-02 01:55

    You should test the pilot pressure which you will probably have to adapt inline between the small gear pump or reducing valve whatever your machine has. For the main outlet pressure from the pump(s) there will be some port plugs you can fit your gauges to

  2. #289.ho.ss2016-03-05 00:33

    I did have a stuck solenoid for the pilot controls. I took it apart and there was nothing I could see was wrong. Cleaned it all up and it worked. This was about 4 months ago. I don't know where I would put the gauges on this. I know there is a hookup on a line that goes to the tank. Is this one to check at?

  3. #389.ho.ss2016-03-05 00:35

    I was wondering if there was a bit of grime in there if it could have blocked a relief valve from closing and not allowing the pump to make full pressure. Thank you for the info. I don't have the shop manual yet so I am going to have to figure out where the pilot pump is.