Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC78 keys

gaogle ยท 2016-03-02 11:03

Anyone know where I can get additional keys for my PC78? It does NOT accept the 787 key. The only mark on the key is "GSS-M410"...

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2016-03-02 13:02

    That number comes up as a Japanese (Fuki) blank to be cut as a Komatsu replacement, might try your local locksmith. An Ilco 1519 may work, might be a little shorter. I am not a locksmith nor do I play one on TV, lol

  2. #2gaogle2016-03-02 13:45

    Thanks. I'll give the locksmith another shot - the first one didn't work... I had this same issue with a Komatsu CK30 track loader and just changed out the ignition switch, but this machine has a lot of locking panels and I don't want to train my guys to leave them unlocked..

  3. #3DK882016-03-02 19:37

    Does the key have those komatsu symbol on it? A 787 should do it. Some of those ignitions can be fussy if you use a different key than normal.

  4. #4gaogle2016-03-02 23:01

    Thanks, but it's not a 787. I have 4 other Komatsu's (2 CK30's, PC35 and PC200), and they all take 787. This key is a little longer than a 787 and have very small notches. The only marking is "DSS-M410". I did go to a local locksmith that says he can order the blanks. No help from the local Komatsu dealer, so hopefully the locksmith comes through.

  5. #5DK882016-03-03 19:58

    Iirc the German built ones used a different ignition

  6. #6Mark2502016-03-03 20:20

    try a 660 it is very close to the 787 may be enough differences to make it work mark