Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to tow-2011 John Deere 320D

GTC1 ยท 2024-12-18 21:58

Hello and thank you in advance for any help. I have a non running 2011 JD 320D, I need to get it into my shop to do some troubleshooting. Any suggestions on how to do this safely?

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-12-19 02:00

    An operators manual may help. Some machines the drive can be disconnected. How far do you have to move it? If it's more than a few feet, I'd try to get it up on skid and then drag the skid. A skid could be some some steel channel or even a couple 2x6's joined together to go under the tires.

  2. #2GTC12024-12-19 08:54

    Thanks for the reply Dave, currently trying to find the manual. If I can't find hydraulic/mechanical release then skids it will be.

  3. #3Acoals2024-12-19 09:09

    Use a heavy rollback; drag it on with the winch.

  4. #4materthegreater2024-12-19 12:48

    @colson04 has a good method HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-12-19 18:47

    Nice if you have something that can pick it up. I stuck the back end of my skid steer in my track loader bucket and skidded it backwards on the bucket. Didn't quite have enough lift capacity to pick the whole machine up. I did get the wheels off the ground though.