Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How would handle this

Welder Dave ยท 2016-05-18 21:02

I'm curious how you handle a situation where someone says they'll do something for you but then you can't get ahold of them to find out if they still plan to do it or won't be able to. I have an MX Track and a gravel pit close by that also rides has brought me gravel and some other supplies and really helped me out. I approached by someone about expanded my facility and asked if the gravel pit may be interested in helping out. They had a budget of about $2500 to start out with. The guy I deal with from the gravel pit said they could do the expansion but it would take a while because they couldn't do it all at once. That's fine but now I think others at the gravel pit are against it and I can't get a hold of him. It's OK if we have to make other arrangements but it would be nice to know what's going on. Earlier in the year he brought me some gravel for the floor of my pole shed. A couple days ago I got an e-mail from someone else at the gravel pit asking for my mailing address so they could send the paper work for the gravel even though there was no charge and it was a community donation. They have been big supporters of my track but this has me puzzled. I'm certainly not trying to take advantage of them but would like to know if they aren't able to help. I have no problem at all with this but don't know if I should just do nothing and make other arrangements or just work on it myself and see if they come by or call me.

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-05-18 21:19

    That's a tough one.. "maybe" YOU should go over THERE.. instead of waiting to get a bill and see whats-up..?? IF they are willing to help.. but don't have the time, that's one thing.. BUT.. if you keep bothering them in their busy season.. that another.. seeing you want it for free..?? just sayin'..

  2. #2Welder Dave2016-05-18 21:39

    It's fine if they can't do it. The guy offered to do it and wanted me to put an add in the paper thanking them. I was planning to get a story in the paper about it but now I have no idea if they are still planning to do it or not. I'd just like to know one way or the other and don't want to upset them or the guy willing to put $2500 towards it. I could put some money towards it as well.

  3. #3Todd v.2016-05-20 16:41

    How about something like, "I really appriciate you guys and what you've done for me, I am in no way trying to pressure you I just need to know where we stand because I have an investor willing to help with this project and I need give him a timetable. I don't loose his support." Either way it's just a communication thing. It's always better to communicate openly than to make assumptions.