While I happen to have the (Cummins 12-valve) turbo removed and separated for other repairs, I notice carbon on the turbine blades. Is thee any point in cleaning it off with some spray (blades are not to be touched), and if so then what solution would you use? The deposit is thin, it's just that my instict would say to clean it off, maybe otherwise unnecessarily.
I don't think you need to but you could put some oil in the oil inlet, use compressed air to spin the turbine and spray some brake keen on the compressor.
Load the trailer and head out. Hold egt as high as you dare for 30 minutes.
I missed you said turbine, yeah if non get just put a good load on it. Vgt wire wheel and the like to mage sure the vanes move then copper anti seize
I can't load it, it's on a snow blower and it's June, but I have seen snow blowers being stall tested by driving them into a few inches of water Short of the long, I went with brake cleaner, worked very well