Well I think I made it through my mandatory 3 "reply" posts so I can start a new one and say Hi all!! I'm new to the construction trade, after a career in law enforcement. I think I should have found one easier on the body.. However I chose to donate all my money to one of those scam schools so that I can learn how to play with big tonka toys. Too bad that you don't find out until after being hired, those 9, or 12 week schools don't mean much. It took me about 5 months to find a job in my area, but finally did, and am working for a smaller Heavy Construction company. Most of the work is being done in the Junction City/Ft. Riley area (Govt money). There are other projects further west, however I drive 120 miles to work as it is, and they don't pay mileage. I've been working for them now for just over a year. Most of the time I run a Volvo L120c, a25c, Moxy MT30, or other dump trucks. It is not uncommon for this company to have anyone running a D1 (that's a shovel powered by a manual laborer). I have ran a dozer, trackhoe, and backhoe. The problem with smaller companies is that it is hard to get time on some machines. The Super I'm working for has "his" favorites and they run everything most of the time. Then again there are times where we are spread thin, and I've had to load and haul myself. Try being out of shape, 50, and climbing in and out of a wheel loader and ADT all day long. Here are a few pics.. 1. Volvo a25c 2. Pugmill that I and one other are running 3. Dumping a load into the hopper of the pugmill.
Welcome to the forum xcavator120. :usa Looks like your staying busy.
wow.. massive machinery never cease to amaze me.
test
Left Law enforcement also I also left law enforcement, albeit in 1981. I didn't have what it takes to do the job effectively. Worked as a pipeliner, bought some equipment, sold it, got some more education, changed career fields and now adding to my equipment so I don't have to subcontract out to others when I install geo-thermal systems. Good luck in your new career!