Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Howdy!

spunky2268 ยท 2013-03-14 23:06

Hey, all! Thought it prudent to introduce myself. My background: paramedic for 26 years, RN for 21 years (my day/night job - emergency and critical care) and an Urban Search and Rescue Medical Specialist. I don't really have much experience with heavy equipment, but a strong interest. Mainly my interest is in how to effect rescues with heavy equipment and how to rescue those trapped in heavy equipment. Kinda stumbled on to the forums here. Did an internet search for pics of firefighting dozers and found a cool pic of a Cat all decked out to cut firelines. I don't know that I'll be posting much, but I'm sure looking forward to learing about equipment and the skills of those that operate it by reading here. For instance, a heavy equipment mechanic can be indispensable in disassembling a machine to free someone from entrapment. There are rare instances where rescue crews, not knowing any better and having no knowledge of their resources, request a physician to the scene to amputate a limb to get someone out. My goal is to do my best to educate my peers that there may be better options to save a life, and a limb. Thank you for having me! Spunky

Replies1
  1. #1willie592013-03-14 23:29

    Welcome to HEF spunky2268. :drinkup