Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Howdy from washington

Moose84 · 2018-08-02 10:53

Hey guys. Figured I would introduce myself. I’m a mechanic for the DOT in western Washington. Run a service truck on the side for a logging road building company. Been wrenching for 15 years.

Replies13
  1. #1kshansen2018-08-02 12:00

    Don't scare us like that! Say The State of Washington! Just kidding, welcome to the forum!

  2. #2excavator2018-08-02 16:23

    Washington state vs Washington DC, not much difference anymore.

  3. #3Moose842018-08-02 17:21

    Isnt that the truth! Lucky I live out on the coast away from all the crazy people.

  4. #4Crummy2018-08-02 20:22

    They are like Locusts though, once they are done here they will go to the coast and take your plastic straws away. For your own good, of course. Welcome to the forum.

  5. #5Moose842018-08-02 20:24

    They have already started migrating this way. Good thing we have the 3 S rule around here.

  6. #6laycobeau2018-08-03 09:41

    If you run across any Timberjack egs shifter cores I would like to buy them.

  7. #7Moose842018-08-03 12:52

    Ok I can ask around. The guy I work for on the side doesn’t log. He is contracted by Weyerhaeuser to build there logging roads. Well Weyerhaeuser isn’t much of a logging company anymore anyway more of a property management company.

  8. #8JPV2018-08-05 21:38

    Welcome, got a few of of us working in the same area, I am also a mechanic for a road building outfit in Western Washington based in Cathlamet, we work for Weyerhaeuser among others, probably have seen you out there. I worked for our county road department as an operator/mechanic for 7 years and did side work also, finally just gave up on the government work and haven't missed it so far 6 years later.

  9. #9Moose842018-08-05 23:20

    I work out of Raymond but have a place a take care of in naselle also. You know the government gig isn’t bad but I have times I wish I was just running my own service truck.

  10. #10Truck Shop2018-08-07 20:26

    Welcome, another moss back-lol.

  11. #11old-iron-habit2018-08-07 23:10

    I did not know that DOT repaired anything. They only inspect and ground trucks here if serious issues are found. Please educate me a bit more on your job.

  12. #12Moose842018-08-07 23:31

    That would be the scales I am a mechanic for the road maintenance side of the dot. Work on everything from snow and ice equipment to dump trucks to heavy equipment. Also have John Deere mowers to maintain the shoulders of the highways, and paving equipment.

  13. #13John C.2018-08-08 16:31

    Back in my service manager days at a dealer we had to guarantee repair service in less than 24 hours from first call for three years from date of delivery down there. There was a special line in the bid forms for that. Seems that might make your job pretty boring