Hi Ya'll, name, is Ed, I've run a few pieces of equipment over the last few years at the moment I'm focused in on the Tower Crane industry, current unit is a 2005 FM GRU 2560, I've also run a Piener SK400 and a Liebherr Tiptronic 316, learned to run a crane on an old falling apart WolffKran that I'm surprised is still standing (not because of me! ) I've also spent a fair amount of time on a lot of small machines, mini-hoes, skid steers, telehandlers etc...I've run a couple different CAT scrapers, Dozer and packer (on a huge residential development for a few months, but the cranes have me in their hold for now!) as well as a wide range of farm equipment on the prairie's...Looking forward to participating in the forum and add my two cents where I can! I'm hoping one day (hopefully not all the long off, depending on the economy and such) of moving down to the southern US to run Tower Cranes, or perhaps move the focus over to playing in the dirt. Cheers Ed
Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums GiS:drinkup
Welcome broooother
welcome aboard matey
Welcome from Vancouver Island in Beautiful British Columbia.
So that's three of us from the island now, I'm in Nanaimo. Welcome guys!
slowly but surely we'll take over the board! muhahaha - ok slow day in the crane, sorry guys...and gals! -Brian, how's the Spider Hoe treating yah? I've seen the pictures over at Vibrant Victoria and checked out you're website that machine is something else! Cheers Ed
Haha yah I'm happy to see some people from my neighborhood finally here The Spider Hoe is slllooooow right now. She is parked and I've actually just started the hunt for a seat with someone else. Likely find a camp job in Alberta for a couple months, get some money in the bank and take another shot at it in the spring. I seen you signed up over at my site a while back but haven't talked to us yet? Next time your in Nanaimo let me know and you can check out the Spyder in person and maybe even try it out if you want too.
Sweet, that'd be awesome! I will certainly take you up on that! - Best of luck on the camp job, I'm going to be searching for something camp related in the not so distant future, things aren't looking good in the Tower Crane industry, and like you said, get some money in the bank! - I had forgotten bout signing up, I just started contributing on here recently, I'lll have to add it to my list of site to my surfing the net in the crane!
I don't imagine it will take me too long to find something. Used to be I never had to look for work. It's a small world in the dirt world and I am very well known, especially in Alberta. I used to get at least 3 calls a month, drove my ex crazy lol But since I got divorced and had to change my number I lost touch with everyone so most don't know how to get a hold of me anymore. My cousin is a crane operator in Edmonton. Next time I talk to him I will see if he knows of anyone looking for Crane Operators. I have myself spread a little thin with all these forums too. I have at least 6 of them I like to go to and I'm way behind in almost all of them
Its funny, in Calgary, where I got my start the crane world is very small, here it seems to be...another world! - Yeah, if you hear of anything, please let me know, my crane is down in a month and I'm starting to stress a little bit down...I guess UP here! hahaha Yeah...I'm on here, Vib Vic, Skyscraper Page, and City and a UK crane forum and others it gets crazy! lol
I will letcha know for sure if I hear of anything. I'm going to through my subscribed threads and do some catching up in here, bout time I start participating again