Where is the HPCU valve located on a cat 953.
Attached to bellhousing. Has long valve cover, oriented perpendicular to the engine.
Item #31 on the illustration below. Note that this diagram is generic (illustration is from a 943) and your machine may look slightly different.
That does it thanks a lot.
I dont know if the post under the diagram was for me or not, MOD EDIT If it was grow up .If not thanks for your help.
?
You **** off Nige for his end of post EVERY post sentence and you can kiss help goodbye. No one on here is out to be your BFF but you come across strong headed name calling they and I will shut you off. Lots of old hands bad attitudes and experience by the truckload give us a little more freedom to make comedic light of the rest of the world.
That has been my signature line ever since I started posting here - comes from an old tale of a safety officer from way in the past. It’s intended as a bit of light-hearted fun.....and I make no apologies for it.
I had to go to desktop mode to see his "signature". It doesn't show on the mobile version.
If i would have know it was in good fun i would not even mentioned it,I did not know it shows up all the time.Hope you understand my position. It caught me off guard ,i thought it was directed at me for no reason.
No worries. Think nothing of it.
hello good evening i have a 1989 cat 953 and i am having problems in it seems to be in the hydrostatic . when I slow the engine it increases the speed I already changed the oil and the filter has not improved he was 2 years stopped. and now it presents this problem here in Brazil there are few units of cat 953 what can be the problem? thanks so much
Where's Cmark when you need him..? Patrick, please post a Serial Number just so that everyone knows what they are dealing with.
Here I am again. Start by checking the engine speed at high idle. Should be 2550 +- 60 RPM. Don't guess. Plus ca change.
I think it's because it was right under the pic. In his other posts you can see it is further down.
The original thread is from nearly two years ago. I think jdpalmer has elvised.
It's Schneiders fault for hijacking the thread.
serial number 20z03124
I noticed that this part has already been broken and welded. can you tell me what the right length is? for me to check thanks
When she arrived she was fast and had no strength at all, it looked like she was in 3rd gear with a transmission loader. I decreased the length a little. With the throttle at maximum, she got stronger but only walks slowly. And when I decrease the engine speed it gets faster
Well as Cmark pointed out above, the first thing you need to do before any more playing with linkages is make a check of the maximum engine RPM. This should be done using a phototach because you need very accurate results.
okay i will check
Rpm is okay
What is your RPM reading? If you disconnect that lever and lift it up to the top you will feel it bump against an internal spring for the final few mm of travel. Adjust the linkage so that with the throttle control at full RPM the lever is just touching the spring. You are losing transmission charge oil flow somewhere. First step is to change the transmission oil and filter. The correct filter and viscosity of the oil is vital. Next check the case drain pressures of the tavel motors at full rpm. Should be 2 psi or less.
The correct oil for the hydrostatic transmission and the pump drive is an SAE10W hydraulic oil. The correct filter is a 132-8876. This is an ultra-high efficiency (5 micron or less) filter. Standard filters do not work well in this application and can lead to all sorts of weird performance problems.
Okay. I adjusted the drive seems to have improved. 10w oil I changed on Friday, the filter I ordered from Caterpillar but I will confirm if this is the number. as soon as i do the other tests i will notice here. Thanks so much all Have a nice day
What engine RPM do you have..?
2350
I called the injection pump technician to go there to increase the rpm to 2550 tomorrow
Hello how are you? 953 it’s perfect. I adjusted the injection pump. I put the original cat filters, I changed the turbine and it was locked and the machine it’s perfect Thanks very much thank you very much for the tips and help from you. without you I wouldn't have been able to fix Have a nice day
That is a very good, clean and straight looking track loader. You don’t see many of them in that good condition nowadays.