Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 955 vs Cat 941B

Hollyrock ยท 2018-08-20 15:32

Does anyone know if the undercarriage parts of a 955 track loader will fit on a 941B Cat track loader?

Replies4
  1. #1Metalman 552018-08-22 05:34

    I own both, but just based on a visual comparison I would say no, the 955L that I have is quite a bit heavier than the 941.

  2. #2DMiller2018-08-22 06:45

    Rails rollers anything I have records on are ALL different.

  3. #3Master Link2018-08-25 20:24

    I think the very early 955 12A serial numbered machines use the D4 undercarriage. The chain had 1/2 bolts where the 941 probably has 9/16 or 5/8 so you couldn't mix the parts. Rollers would work and idlers may but I would have to wait until I get back to work to look it up. No on the sprockets. Easiest way to check is the bolt hole pattern on the track chain. The 941 will have a square pattern. If the 955 chain has a square pattern it would work but you have to count the numbber of links in each chain. It the 955 has a bolt pattern in a V shape it's a different pitch chain and won't work and none of the other parts will either. James

  4. #4DMiller2018-08-26 11:21

    Those would be the H and earlier Trackscavator units, very different from the K or L units.