Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Humboldt’s sunday ride.

humboldt deere ยท 2008-11-02 17:07

I was bored today,so I decided to go for a ride and get some pics of my area to show you guys some back country. All of the pics are on land owned by humboldt redwood(Previously Maxxam and charles Hurwitz owned palco since gone bankrupt and taken over by the fischer family, Mendocino redwood and Gap. Anyway now you have the background, first pics are from the pit with a furukawa drill rig and a 325D with a hammer and bucket and thumb set up. Our rock is some of the hardest in the nation, and I hear is some of the only stuff in the state hard enough for the army corp of engineers to build our jettys with against the pacific ocean. Second set is from down the road where they have an extec jaw and screen plant getting ready to make some aggregate. Then weve got a beat up 330 and some big trees.

Replies12
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-11-02 17:16

    Here is the crusher and screen set up.

  2. #2humboldt deere2008-11-02 17:21

    Some misc. and a well worn 330

  3. #3humboldt deere2008-11-02 17:29

    Here is some big redwood, It's hard to tell but these trees are 8-10' at the butt.

  4. #4jimmyjack2008-11-02 17:50

    surprized that 330 still moves

  5. #5qball2008-11-02 18:12

    wow, sweet u/c on that 330. i think you got your moneys worth outta that.

  6. #6Jeffksf2008-11-02 18:16

    I feel sorry for that 330, nice pics. Nice bike too

  7. #7Dirtman20072008-11-02 19:10

    Those tracks on that 330 must be super tight for it to even grip! I thought mine looked bad when I replaced them, they look new compared to that.

  8. #8humboldt deere2008-11-02 20:42

    Yeah when I saw that sprocket I figured you guys would love it, can't believe it still moves......if it does? On the other side the pads were all bent and broken. I figured the meter would have like a billion hours on it, but it only had 10,000. :beatsme

  9. #9humboldt deere2008-11-02 20:47

    The 330 and 980 are owned by the timber company, and the processing equipment and the drill are owned by a local contractor.

  10. #10Dirtman20072008-11-02 20:48

    I saw a 330 once that had 12,000 hrs on it and it looked like it could have only had a few thousand, the operator took very good care of it. Then I've seen machines with 2,000 hours and looked like they should have had 10,000 on them.

  11. #11Rockbreaker2008-11-03 14:02

    Got some for you guys... plain abuse by the look of it:Banghead

  12. #12Bentworker2008-11-06 01:07

    Looks like a minefield of death overhead where that equipment was parked, make sure you look up if you have to work anywhere near those power transmission lines, that would be a quick way to destroy equipment, acquire a large bill from PG&E, and probably kill the operator and whoever else may jump in to help. Looks like a good spot to go dink around on the bike, maybe afterwards go to Eureka for a bite to eat at Lost Coast Brewery. Check out the girls, last time I was there a few years ago, all I could remember about the place was that the waitress were nearly all jaw droppers.