Thought it would be easy with the internet to find replacement parts for my D8. Not so much. I'm stuck on locating three more intermediate compress rings, a standard size piston and a cylinder head (preferred without a core charge) I've found alternat part numbers and contacted vendors on Machinery Trader but haven't gotten any response for a piston part number 4m9112 or 3s4040. Seen a piston carrying the part number 4m9111 but can't tell if it is the same. Cat classic says part 4m9112 has been replaced with 7n1366. On edit.... I could just call places but with my job And noisy work environment email is easier. Who knew 5m9053 would be so hard to find.
off road equipment shows they have 4M9112 used for 96.00 bucks it also shows 4M9111 as a piston and linner group for 200-360 bucks some cat some aftermarket the 3S4040 and 5M9053 all come up as the above numbers sorry the 5M9053 was a piston ring shows none in stock
Partstore through my Cat dealer here is showing at least a dozen 5M9-053, ex USA
Try the Florin Tractor source, they are pretty reliable and fair priced. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/partssearch.aspx?partnum=5M9053&pst=starts