Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hy Hoe

greerco ยท 2014-04-23 21:27

Heres a big old machine im working on! HYHOE 6000TT. If anybody knows what type of caliper goes on the swing break disc please let me know. Its missing on this machine. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1td25c2014-04-26 22:21

    This is what the caliper looks like on my 3300 HY HOE . Its a smaller machine (20 ton ) I could see it possible that they may use the same caliper , but just don't know? It's not that big , I don't see a name on it . Only number I see is 500 cast in to the housing . I snapped a few photos of it then got to thinking .... I have another piece of equipment that uses a similar caliper ? The Suzuki RM 250 dirt bike . Now the caliper on the dirt bike is a little smaller than the one on the HY Hoe but I just wonder about a caliper on a big street bike or atv . Motorcycle or off road shop might have something on the shelf that would work with a little fabrication .

  2. #2greerco2014-04-28 22:50

    Hey td25c, Thanks for the reply. Im going to try to get up and measure the distance between the pins and like you suggested, try and find one off a bike or something. I will check around and see if the 500 on your machine means anything, maybe i can find something. Thanks again!!

  3. #3lantraxco2014-04-29 00:10

    Could probably use either a MICO or AUSCO hydraulic caliper on there....

  4. #4ANDREW C2014-04-29 00:29

    There is a customer of ours that buys all of his brakes for his machines at fleet brake. I see they have one in Mississauga, Im not sure how far that is from you. Might be worth a call. 905-670-2784

  5. #5td25c2014-04-30 22:58

    Just wish I could have seen a name or actual part number on the caliper . See ..... HyHoe built & fabricated the superstructure of the machine . Track frame , house & boom structure . They then went to other suppliers and pulled common parts off the shelf like the engine (Detroit Diesel), hydraulics , ( Commercial ) , swing gear box & final drives ( Rockwell ) . This caliper would be the same way , I'm sure it was used on other brands of equipment . Could be made by ( Wagner). I Just don't know ?

  6. #6Pane2014-05-01 08:48

    G'day What sort of Detroit is it? Cheers

  7. #7td25c2014-05-02 20:35

    Yeah Pane , My 3300 uses a 4 - 53 Detroit . I don't know what the 6000 has in it that Greerco is working on . I just see one stack coming out the top . Might be a 6-71 ?

  8. #8Alganon2014-08-04 01:14

    I own a 680 Hy-Hoe

  9. #9Alganon2014-08-04 01:19

    His name is Dino (as in dinosaur) 4-53 power . He fits perfectly with my D2 . Just redoing the pump drive / gearbox .

  10. #10Bunner2014-09-14 10:57

    I have a 3300 tt, with a 453 engine for sale. It runs and moves, has a few small problems. Looking to get around 6500 dollars. Located just north of Toronto, Ontario. Canada. Have to get rid of it and do not want it to go for scrap. Leave a message on my email [email protected] if interested. There are pictures of it here, posted in 2007 or 2008.

  11. #11Ken Carlsen2020-04-07 06:57

    Do you have a manual for this machine? There is one sitting in the woods near me that seems to be in reasonable shape, and I'd like to get her running again. Engine looks solid, but I could use a manual to help me out with what looks like the swing and track lock foot controls.