Has anybody use this or can anybody recommend this fluid as a replacement for TCH or Hy trans Fluid for a 1983 case 580e ? Seems to be half the price I just don’t want to put the wrong stuff or garbage in the machine Home Page - Runnings www.runnings.com
Home Page - Runnings www.runnings.com
Any trans hydraulic fluid should work.
The hydraulics use any good name brand hydraulic fluid but for the torque converter/shuttle don't go cheap. It doesn't hold that much and Hy Tran or TCH is well worth the few extra dollars.
I’ve been using Chevron 1000 THF for hydraulics only. It’s a tractor hydraulic fluid which means it’s designed for the wet brakes/clutches but I still use Hytran in my backhoe transmission and TCH in my dozer transmission. I think I pay around $60 for a pail of the Chevron.
I also use this. It’s went up in price a lot just like everything else. I bought a pail a few months ago and it was $78 I believe. I paid $58 just 18 months ago.
The brakes on my 580M are supplied by the hydraulic system so I wouldn't want to use plain hydraulic oil in that machine. The left brake also leaks a little into the differential and I have to drain the excess every month or so.
I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure it's more than that my cost even!
Lot of the "Harvest King" branded oil products in this area. Many use it without problems I've heard of. Lots of Tractor Supply customers too without problems. This product is very common usage and is what is in my dozer transmission/torque converter sumps: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-premium-tractor-hydraulic-fluid-5-gal-t806391
Yup, about $100 my cost for a pail.
TSC had AW-32 hydraulic oil on sale a couple of weeks ago. Additional 5% discount with purchasing 10 pails so that's what I did. This will go into shop stock.
So this is fine to use in the shuttle drive instead of hy trans ?
How much does the shuttle use? wouldn't you sleep better with hytran. If the hydraulics are separate, they can use a cheaper hydraulic fluid, but don't cheap out on the wet clutches and brakes.
This is the route I have taken on new hollands. The NH oil is as dear as the other brand names. The tractor supply is good for the hydraulics, and it doesnt kill me when a hose blows and I have to add 5 gallons
I have the Tractor Supply branded oil in my backhoe shuttle and it works fine. It is a Borg-Warner unit. Several others I know with JICase tlb machines use it also and I've not heard of problems myself that are oil related. Best suggestion to anyone is to read, understand, and follow label guidance. Compare products for specifications met. Internet makes it easy. Routine service is key to making any machine last and oil drain intervals and filter changes are a big player.
I picked up a pail of Chevron 1000 tractor hydraulic fluid Tuesday from a local fuel and lubricant distributor for $68.25. It is advertised as a replacement for both HyTran and TCH (viscosity is too high for TCH but would probably work fine). I use it for hydraulics and brakes as it's not much more expensive than generics. I still use Hytran in my 580M transmission and TCH in my dozer. Most of the large industrial facilities in the area use 1000 for all tractor hydraulic fluid applications as they have sales agreements for Chevron products.
Wow that's cheap. Well below our cost through Chevron.