Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680E Backhoe weak

Caseman680e · 2023-09-13 20:35

Hey guys new to the forum, I recently bought a 680e been tinkering on it for a minute and… I noticed my boom arm is weak when trying to come up with no load and like a hissing sound and my stabilizers have what seems like low pressure with a hiss as well. I drained fluids today gonna change the filter inside the hydraulic tank and checked the main pressure relief valve (which seemed to be okay) I realize I should have probably done flow tests but kinda a little late now lol. I guess my next stop is the power beyond fitting to make sure the o rings are in tact and make sure nothing is stopped up in the line & work my way back to the back making sure nothing is clogged. The loader works fine. Anyone else had similar problems, pointers? Thanks, god bless.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-09-14 07:39

    Welcome to HEF, Caseman680E ! From what I read in your post you know what to check already. You may have a control valve problem is the dipper and bucket cylinders operate normally.

  2. #2Caseman680e2023-09-22 14:58

    Hey thanks Tinkerer, I’ve checked the power beyond o rings looked good. I pulled the backhoe valve and there was a lot of dirt in the cylinder. After I pulled the snap ring should it move freely to that point? Just trying to make sense of it before I put it back on. (Also checked for cracks on the inlet section, which I didn’t see any)

  3. #3Shep R2025-02-14 10:21

    I'm not sure i am posting this in the correct place but can anyone explain to me how to get the hydraulic filter out of my tank on a case 680e backhoe

  4. #4clueless22025-02-14 12:07

    From the service manual.

  5. #5Shep R2025-02-15 13:36

    Thanks clueless2