Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HY-Trans VS CASE TCH??

RHuddleston ยท 2020-04-19 10:53

Help me understand please. I have a CASE 580K Phase 3 (PIN 20001 and up) Attached photo shows the requirements for fluid What can I use in the Hydraulic Tank for the Back Hoe and loader it appears I don't need the Hy-Trans in this? Is this just a regular Hydraulic oil? AW32? AW46? AW68? Referring to bottom right 'Every 1000 hours of operation' "Change hydraulic reservoir fluid" CASE TCH Fluid Top right in Diagram #11 fill.

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2020-04-19 20:48

    Correct, you don't need to use Hytrans in the hydraulic system - standard hydraulic oil is all you require - over here AW68 would be used, but our winters are not very cold.

  2. #269zfarmer2020-04-21 07:16

    I had a later model SK. Now i have a SL. I always used HY-Tran in rearend and transmission. But i used off brand in hydraulic system. I may have some stuff left to sell for a SK.

  3. #3RHuddleston2020-04-21 09:09

    Shipping to OK might be more expensive than the fluid I'm afraid

  4. #4JBrady2020-04-21 11:43

    Rhuddleston - I am over in Skiatook. I just use the universal tractor fluid (not the 303 that is usually in green barrels) that you can get at Tractor Supply or Atwoods for the hydraulics. It should say on the label that it meets specs for TCH as well as a host of others. I prefer the Atwoods brand as they are usually stored inside. I have passed on the tractor supply ones before because the fill caps were rusty indicating they had standing water on them. For the rear axle and transmission, I go to OCT in Tulsa for the Hy-Tran. I buy the brake additive for the rear end in my 590 SL.