Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found a great backhoe has coolant leak looking for advice

Fred from MO · 2020-04-19 10:02

I found a nice low hour backhoe that is perfect in every way you want. Test drove it and the engine starts leaking coolant from behind this bracket in the picture. I am looking for a diagram or parts help to see what this is. I am hoping it is a simple gasket that holds what appears to be the housing for the thermostat between the hose going to the top of the radiator. Everything else on the machine looks great but this.. On a 1999 John Deere 310SE

Replies10
  1. #1Fred from MO2020-04-19 10:04

    Zoomed out picture for location on engine.

  2. #2JL Sargent2020-04-19 14:25

    I would edit title (if possible) and add John Deere 310SE. That way people that know JD will see it. Also they will likely want to know the machines serial number if you have that.

  3. #3Bls repair2020-04-19 20:11

    What’s behind compressor bracket?

  4. #4alrman2020-04-19 20:38

    To me, it looks like it could be the head gasket.

  5. #5Tenwheeler2020-04-19 20:42

    Try John Deere parts catalog on line.

  6. #6mg23612020-04-20 05:22

    It is most likely the thermostat housing gasket.

  7. #7Fred from MO2020-04-20 05:41

    Trying to figure out how to edit the post? This forum operates a bit different than others i have been on

  8. #8Fred from MO2020-04-20 05:41

    Thanks, I found that diagram on Deere's site. Im hoping that is what it is. I have to remove the AC compressor first which is no fun.

  9. #9Fred from MO2020-04-20 18:28

    Looks like a thermostat housing

  10. #10Bls repair2020-04-20 18:58

    I would check around there