Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyd chainsaw

farmerlund · 2019-08-30 13:48

Good afternoon folks. I was thinking abut building some sort of fire wood cutter attachment for my loader. I have been looking around for a hydraulic chainsaw. I want one with a pivot that I could run with a little hyd cylinder. something around a 30" bar would be nice. Anybody have a source for this setup? Used would be fine to. not much logging stuff in North Dakota to pick over. LOL. Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1Junkyard2019-08-30 14:36

    One off of a slasher would do the trick. I know of one for sale....just haven’t gotten up there to get it!

  2. #2farmerlund2019-08-30 19:43

    Ha,I think I am closer than you junkyard, if it is where I think it is.

  3. #3Junkyard2019-08-30 23:39

    You are closer lol.

  4. #4Plebeian2019-08-30 23:40

    Halverson grapple saw for wheel loader. harvester saw bar 29.5 inch https://halversonwoodproducts.com/content/UPDATED SPECS 120-140B-GRAPPLE-Inverted Splitter.pdf Plenty of firewood type processors that have had the designs etc signed off by engineers etc. Halverson and a few others are fairly basic. Can be put on an excavator etc skid-steer tractor mini-excavator or build a super woodsplitter - no harvester bar saw and chain necessary. Hydraulic ram power and sharp steel

  5. #5Plebeian2019-08-31 04:25

    another grapple saw prototype and splitter

  6. #6wornout wrench2019-08-31 11:26

    https://www.hultdins.com/products/supercut

  7. #7Plebeian2019-08-31 17:35

    Hammerhead grapple saw - skid steer https://www.hammerheadattachments.com/grapple-saws.html Ryans equipment grapple saw http://www.ryansequip.com/product/grapple-chain-saw/

  8. #8farmerlund2019-08-31 18:31

    Thanks wornout wrench.

  9. #9Welder Dave2019-08-31 22:31

    Stanley has hand held saws that could maybe be adapted but a little smaller. https://www.stanleyinfrastructure.com/products/chain-saws

  10. #10Ronsii2019-09-01 01:07

    I've seen some stanley's and other more name brands on ebay go for 4-6 hundred... but then you'd still have to make a mount and swivel plus add hydraulics.... on the other hand I know a guy that removed one from a pull through delimber cause it made the unit to high for the way he was transporting it and he never used the headsaw feature anyways.... I would suspect there are quite a few units like that around that guys have removed the headsaw unit.... it had at least a 26 inch bar running 404 I think.... had less than a 3 second cycle time cutting max diameter with the 4 cylinder deere powerplant under the hood

  11. #11Hallback2019-09-01 05:14

    Used dangle head. Feed & cut.

  12. #12farmerlund2019-09-01 10:41

    Would love a used dangle head. Have you been to ND? No used logging equipment with in 500 miles. LOL. Plus most trees here are not laser straight. Can you cut a oak or ash tree with one?

  13. #13Hallback2019-09-01 15:43

    Yes, you can use one with hardwoods. 500 miles is peanuts compared to the headaches of building, tearing apart, building & rebuilding. You would have 500 cord bucked by then.