Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hyd cylinders

w2bstoned ยท 2009-03-19 16:21

Anyone have to change a barrel or tube on there hoe? What causes this to wear? The company that I had tear it down said that the tube had metal shavings in it. What a way to start the season off Did anyone regret rebuilding there's othe than buying a new cylinder? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1bono19792009-03-19 19:55

    are the shavings from the tube , what dose the piston look like , any other damages , rebuilt cylinders are just as good as new as long as the person rebuilding it know what they are doing .

  2. #2td25c2009-03-19 20:39

    The only reason I would change the barrel is if it was "egg shaped" or "scored".I rebuild my cylinders.I like to do my own repair work.Unless your cylinder was "scored" ,clean out the metal shavings and repack it.

  3. #3Reuben2009-03-19 21:54

    we changed the hole stick barrel and rod. The barrel literally swelled up like a frozen pipe about mid way down the barrel. The dealer said he never saw anything like that before. Kobelco was very interested in it also.