So now that I have the tilt cylinders off the CAT 941B (Ser #806907) to replace the Blown Seals (previous post) I looked over the pins/bearings on the cylinder. The barrel end bearings & pin looked pretty good other than missing the seals. The bearings/pin on the piston end didn't look so good so I think while I have this thing apart I may as well replace them. There was significant "play" and the pins were grooved. I looked up the parts in the Parts Book I was given when I bought the machine but on the cover it states Serial Numbers 80H3884 to 80H5702 so I'm wondering if the part numbers from that book will be the same for my 80H6907 machine. The part numbers I came up with were Bearing = 7J9682 and Pin = 7K9357, seals being SP93. I did a quick "google" search for that part number and a number of aftermarket companies have them listed, for what I think are some pretty decent prices as compared to the online CAT prices. So, my humble request is confirmation that those are the part numbers for my machine. BTW the cylinders numbers are 3G-8085 and 8J-5937 if that matters. Thanks in advance.
I just replaced all pins and bearings in my 951 and went through American Crane and Tractor and spent about $1300. If there is anything loose replace it now before the bearings start getting loose in the bores then you have to reweld and rebore so they fit tight again. Most of mine were waaaayyyy past replacement and the bores suffered pretty bad and took quite a bit to bring them back to size Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
It seems the 7J-9682 bearings are the same between the 2 serial #'s, but i couldn't find anything on the pins. Check your pin dimensions against the dimensions of 80H5702 pin PN 7K-9357: overall length: 148.08mm. OD: 50.78mm, effective length: 134.87mm. If it is the same, then you're all good to use that PN.
It seems the 7J-9682 bearings are the same between the 2 serial #'s, but i couldn't find anything on the pins. Check your pin dimensions against the dimensions of 80H5702 pin PN 7K-9357: overall length: 148.08mm. OD: 50.78mm, effective length: 134.87mm. If it is the same, then you're all good to use that PN.
It looks like there's a serial number break at 80H6630 which makes your pins part number 2V4074. Can't find much information on that number but it isn't a former or later number for 7K9357. I would say that 2V4074 is unique and that's the part that you need. Your bearing number is good.
CM and other have got the parts nailed down already. For availability of parts try these guys ........ http://www.offroadeq.com/ ......... a number of posters on here have already found them really good for track loader parts.
Thanks Guys, I'll take a look for the 2V4074 on those sites and see what they can do.
Thanks Nige for the pointer to the folks over at offroadeq, they seem to have the most reasonable prices. Would you happen to know if there's a part number for shims for the various connection points/pivot points on the arms and bucket. There's a bit of play between the arms and connection points so I thought while I have these things apart I'd "tighten" things up.