Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HYD Hose?

deeredriver ยท 2007-09-22 21:21

Last week I blew a hose on my old Deere 690 ELC. It had been wet for at least 7 months and just did not have time to get a new one. I put a new one on(5000 psi parker) and it lasted less than 8 hours. Upon inspection, one of the ends that the deere dealer crimped on blew off of the hose. Is this considdered a bad hose, or is there something wrong with my machine? Maybe it is making too much pressure, but then again wouldn't the hose blow first, and not a end?

Replies9
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-09-22 21:58

    IMHO This is the result of a poorly fitted crimp on end. Your Deere dealer should make you another hose at thier expense. It is highly unlikely but they may even replace the fluid you lost as well.

  2. #2bigjake05242007-09-23 01:38

    I would be asking the dealer to make a new hose. Good luck!

  3. #3wrenchbender2007-09-23 08:03

    Welcome to HEF bigjake0524.

  4. #4digger242j2007-09-23 09:17

    I agree with Wrenchbender. If the old one was wet for 7 months and didn't blow apart, how could the machine blow a new one apart, unless it was a bad hose?

  5. #5bigjake05242007-09-23 10:29

    Thank you, I was glad to find this forum...

  6. #6Countryboy2007-09-23 19:34

    Welcome to HEF bigjake0524! :drinkup

  7. #7deeredriver2007-09-24 16:43

    Got a new one today, was told that they used the wrong spacer to crimp the fitting. I guess I will try it again.

  8. #8John C.2007-09-24 18:57

    Glad they ponied up for the replacement. That stuff would never happen if they would just measure the OD of the crimped fitting after they made it. There is supposed to be a chart next to the machine that gives the correct measured range the fitting is supposed to be at. Most of the hosers don't check and you get stuck for the down time and loss of oil.

  9. #9Fishfiles2007-10-28 07:56

    Crmiping your style Not only does the correct crimp O.D. have to be achieved , but the correct hose with the correct fitting needs to be used , some hose to fitting match ups require skieving , also the hose has to be pushed up all the way into the fitting before crimped and that is a common mistake --------------I have a Eaton/AreoQuip machine on my truck and make my own hoses in the field , afew years back I ran out of a certain size fitting and went to a NAPA to get the hose made , back to machine and installed it on no other than the boom cylinder , cranked up and boomed up and the hose lasted about 5 seconds then split down the side and the boom dropped to the ground from about 8 ft in the air , lucky no one was hurt , found that the NAPA guy used the wrong hose as it was a power steering grade hose and rated at 200psi not the 3500psi the machine was running at -----( I have a portable hand pumped AreoQuip machine and dies for sale , very good condition , New Orleans Area )