Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyd Oil and engine temperature

Frank Posey · 2024-01-01 16:05

2015 JCB Excavator Hyd oil temp has been getting high for months. It is a weekend personal use piece of equipment for me. When running in So GA winters I can maintain Hyd temp in the 183 degree range if I operate at half throttle and let cool down every hour or so while operating. Recently, engine temp started rising as well. All filters have been changed, radiator is clean, coolant level is good. Hyd oil temp going into cooler is 187+ and coming out of cooler is 145. Hottest part in Hyd system is the main Hyd pump. Sine engine started heating up too, I’m thinking problem may be the electric radiator fan clutch. I unplugged the electric cable to the fan and fan speed runs on high at all times now, but both engine and Hyd still having temp issues. Is there any way to test the fan clutch? It‘s a $1500.00 part……

Replies0

No replies yet.