My tb175 with serial 17510248 doesn’t go into 2nd gear. The light illuminates on the cluster but will not actually speed the tracks. Because of that I can’t tighten the track to take the slack out of it. I checked voltage at the solenoid I have 28.6 volts when I unplug it I have 22.5 volts. I removed the solenoids but I can’t tell if they’re bad and not sure how to test them. On another thread someone mentioned that the electromagnet valve can get stuck not allowing flow. Can someone tell me where and what a electromagnet is? Thanks a bunch!
First, how do you get voltage significantly higher than 14 volts on a single battery, 12 volt, machine?
It is a 24v system
Well, I'll be darned. Our TB180FR machines, all four of them are 12v. Entire schematic arranged below.
I yeah it’s very weird. I have power at the 2nd speed button-cluster- and at the solenoid but for some reason after the connecter at the solenoid I’m loosing a slight amount of voltage. On another forum someone posted somthing about a valve underneath a electromagnet being mechanically stuck and that he needed to free it up and it shifted again. I’ve never heard about that and I’m not sure where or what it even is. He has the same machine too.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
3 solenoids in a row...do they all measure the same electrical resistance?
I didn’t think to check for resistance. I just checked voltage. I know on my machine the solenoid on the far left is for slew speed and the far right is for travel speed. Not sure the center one. neither of those functions work but both of them illuminate on the cluster when I hit the button. They each have voltage too
When you say measure the resistance do you mean at the solenoid connector or the machine side connector?
Measure the solenoid coil itself. All three should present the exact same resistance +/- 5%.