I am new to the forum. I have a Kubota L35 with a TL720 bucket and a BT 900 backhoe. I've had to replace several hoses through the years but not any of the steel lines on the front bucket. I had one start to leak and replaced it. Also replaced two hoses going from the steel lines to the control valve where the lever is to raise the bucket and tilt the bucket. I put different color tape on the lines so I would get the hoses going to the right fittings but something went wrong. The bucket goes up and down OK but the bucket doesn't tilt either way. It jerks a little but that's all. The PDF I looked at has two hoses on each side of the control valve while mine has all 4 on one side. I have a repair manual for the back hoe which is not much help to me trying to trace the lines and hoses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cambre
Are you sure it's not just air in the lines? Have you held it one way for 30 seconds, then the other way? If the cylinder is full of air and you only use the valve for a short time, then try the other way, it just compresses the air and lets it out, that makes the jerky movement if it does move. There's probably no need to bleed anything, other than working it back and forth a few times ALMOST all the way to the end of the stroke, but not putting pressure on it by hitting the end of the stroke.
Sounds like the cylinders for the tilt are fighting each other
Hadn't thought of the cylinders fighting each other. Depends on where the hoses were that were replaced, I don't think you can mess up the ones close to the valve.
Very good info. I will try what you two said. Thanks Delmer & mikebramel
http://williamsfarmmachinery.com/agricultural/ Here is a website that will get you to kubota parts list i use it when working on my l4240....Hopefully this will help you will have to navigate to get to the parts section and put in your model #........You just go to the bottom of the page left side and click the big orange kubota word and it walks you threw the rest.....
Thanks for the help so far. I bleed for air and could not tell much difference. I think the bucket cylinders were fighting each other. After swapping hoses around and the bucket works but something still crossed because the control valve works backwards. Before I screwed things up when the control lever was pushed straight up the boom would raise and push lever down and boom would lower. Now this rotates the bucket and moving lever side to side raises and lowers bucket boom. I guess I need to figure which two lines go to boom and swap them with the two lines that go to the bucket. I tried this before I joined this forum but I screwed that up. I can tell this forum will be a good source for info. When I get this cured I will tackle why my front wheels quit pulling. Thanks for every ones help.
If it is working but backwards the hoses on that bucket section simply need swapped on the loader control valve or down along the frame whichever keeps the hoses placed properly for length.
Thanks to all my backhoe is working fine.
I did the same darn thing to my case. lol
I recently had work done on my tractor that required removal of the hoe, the mechanics used colored zip ties to label the lines. Cheap and easy!