I sell attachments at my shop. A customer of mine says he has a John Deere 89 skid steer but he doesn't know where the controls are which control the hydraulic outlets on the front of his skid steer. He says he does have two connectors on the front but he doesn't see any way of turning them off or on. He wants to use a brush cutter. What would he need to install? A valve? Thanks for your help
What model number ? Try moving the right handle sideways.
Thanks. The customer says a "model 89". I didn't find that on a Google search but that's what he gave me.
lift the seat, trace the lines.
Thanks, I will pass the info on to the customer.
I would say he doesn't know what model machine he has which makes it tough to determine what he needs to do to run attachments if it has 2 aux lines to the front.
OK, the customer says the SN# is "7775". I googled that and it appears to be the model# He is an older gentleman of Central American descent and his English is not exactly fluent so, communication has been a bit of a challenge. Here's one with 7775 https://www.bigiron.com/Lots/JohnDeere7775Skidsteer
As digger doug said, it's likely the right handle "up/down" tilt. It probably doesn't have a detent to lock it on and he would have to hold the lever up or down the whole time. Other things to consider is if it has enough cooling capacity to run the mower without getting hot and he will want a front door (preferably lexan) to keep debris from flying at him. Everyone says they'll keep the mower low to the ground but we all know that never happens.
Yes, I sent my customer a message about the right hand lever. One of my suppliers has the Lexan shields and I do highly recommend them but, I haven't convinced anyone to buy one yet. I guess when a chunk of tree stump hits them upside the head, maybe they'll buy one. But let's hope that never happens. I will top off the fluid. maybe need to install some kind of inline cooler.