I see that lots of machines in the USA come equipped with a manual or hydraulic thumb, almost as standard. I'm based in Ireland and we have very few of these and it seems very few manufacturers of these attachments. I supply a range of attachments for all sizes of excavators but my UK based manufacturer has asked me to source the drawings/design for the thumbs for machines greater than 10 ton in size. Is there anyone on here who can provide drawings and specs for these attachments? I could also purchase a couple of used thumbs if anyone could point me in the right direction for a good brand. Any help is much appreciated.
If you folks are up to some creative thought of design and fabrication for a cheap solution you might find the following of interest as I did because I have a Link Belt LS4300 CII machine (35 ton class): http://www.vannattabros.com/road.html
Well you have three different designs too. Pin on where the thumb shares the bucket or quickattach hinge pin, weld on where the whole thing is stuck to the dipper. and the mechanical style that operates off the bucket open/close Amulet style.