The charge and oil pressure lights stay on after engine is shut down, I can disconnect the battery and reconnect it and the lights will go out and stay out until it is restarted and shut down.Anyone have an idea of where I need to start looking to fix this!
When your lights are lit can you crank and start the engine or do you have to disconnect the battery and reconnect to start it? Check the blue/yellow wire to the alternator. When your problem is happening disconnect the blue/yellow wire from the alternator and see if the lights stay on or go out.
I will check the wires, Thanks. Yes it will restart without disconnecting battery.
If I disconnect the wires and that fixes the problem does that mean my alternator is bad?
Disconnected wire to alt and charge light went out but oil light stayed on
First try to ground that blue/yellow wire to the frame and try starting and shutting down again to see if your oil pressure light stays lit (ignore the alt light for now). Also, back above the batteries and next to the coolant bottle is the battery relay. Does it disconnect when keying off?
I will check this today, Thanks for the help!
It was the battery relay, I tapped it and the lights went out! Thanks for the info
I wish this was my case. My battery indicator light is on when I crank it up it will go out if I turn the unit off while it’s running the light continues to stay on. I change the alternator out due to it was not charging now since I’ve been there the light staying on for some odd reason can you help me out
Welcome to HEF Bnhortman ! Please start your own thread, rather than highjacking another thread, beginning with the machine model and complete serial number. Also give a little more detail on your issue. Is it just the alternator light staying on? Starting or shut down issues?