Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic bleed down manifold

Chris5500 · 2009-11-12 00:43

Does anyone know the name of the website of the manufacturer of the hydraulic bleed down manifold? It is used to gauge and release residual line pressure in hydraulic systems, and removes the risk of injuries such as oil injection, burns and eye damage, which may result from the process of venting residual line pressure from these systems. Becoming a pretty popular after-market safety mod down under, seem them on a good couple of hydraulic excavators such as EX5500's, EX8000, 996's, PC5500's and so on. I dont believe they are necessary if you know what you are doing, but thats not to say they are a bad thing, especially with the increase of apprentices these days. Their not cheap either! I heard somewhere in the region of $30,000. I took this particular photo on a Liebherr 996, I was told who made them (Somewhere in Singleton, NSW) but I forgot, I've tried searching google but to no avail. Anyone got any info, thankyou please

Replies4
  1. #1Chris55002009-11-12 00:47

    Here's a better image for anyone interested:

  2. #2AtlasRob2009-11-13 11:50

    Jeez! that seems a lot of money to cover somebodys backside! Which to my mind is what its doing. Covering for somebody not switching the ignition back on and jiggling all the controls through all their movements to release any pressure before removing pipes, or am I missing something. I take on board your comments about apprenteces but surely ( DONT CALL ME SHIRLEY ) you dont let just any Tom, Richard or Harry ( cant say D*** on here ) loose on those size machines without a lot of supervision or do I reside in a fools paradise.

  3. #3Chris55002009-11-14 00:42

    Yeah, no doubt, I'm all for safety and I do work safe and encourage it with others, but there's a fine line between rational and just over the top. I don’t believe this system is over the top, not necessary however, but definitely not over the top given the nature of high pressure oil injection and related injuries such as burns etc. Even when you do wiggle the controls to bleed the pilot accumulators (remember, it’s not just to release pilot pressure but actual service line pressure too, which most people don’t realise, which is why you very rarely see people operating the travel pedals, slew brake pedal and clam pedals even when working on said circuits! :Banghead) of pilot pressure by moving the spools, there is still a chance of some of the service line residual pressure to remain in the system and I have seen it once where a fellow crew member got a golden shower, I myself have experienced it whilst removing an anti-cav valve, luckily I had the sense to loosen the bolts in a particular way to vent the pressure away from me should there be any there. You would be astounded at some of the "tradesmen" :crazy working on these machines, don’t let the size and complexity of them fool you! Anyway, back on the topic! Anyone out there know the website?

  4. #4Chris55002009-11-14 23:23

    I found it .